Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb small Brussels sprouts
- ½ lb cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large pot, boil the Brussels sprouts until they are tender.
- Drain the Brussels sprouts and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and salt to the bowl with the Brussels sprouts.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking tray and spread it out evenly.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and roast for about 30 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are crispy.
- After 30 minutes, use a spoon to mix the Brussels sprouts for even roasting.
- Return the tray to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes until all the ingredients are crispy.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Smoked Salmon Salad
- 1 lb smoked salmon
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, mix the sliced red onion with vinegar and lemon juice. Allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- After an hour, remove the onions from the marinade and set aside.
- Cut the smoked salmon into cubes and place it in a mixing bowl.
- Add the marinated onions, capers, fresh mint, basil, dill, parsley, vinegar, lemon juice, and salt to the bowl with the salmon.
- Gently toss all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Transfer the smoked salmon salad to a serving tray.
- Serve the salad with crispy bread and cream cheese.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 liter milk
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 packet vanilla powder
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 banana
- Kiwi slices
- Banana slices
- Strawberry slices
- In a saucepan, whisk together the milk and egg yolk until well combined.
- Add the sugar, vanilla powder, flour, and cornstarch to the saucepan. Stir until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and starts to boil.
- Once the mixture reaches a boiling point, remove it from the heat and transfer it to a separate bowl. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In the meantime, blend the banana with the heavy whipping cream until smooth.
- Once the milk mixture has cooled, add the banana and whipped cream mixture to it. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the pudding into individual serving cups or bowls.
- If desired, decorate the top of each pudding cup with kiwi, banana, or strawberry slices.
- Refrigerate the pudding cups for at least 2 hours, or until set.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!